After spending last weekend with family in North Carolina, I’m looking forward to catching up on stuff around the house. It won’t be all work though; Lawson and I are meeting a friend for brunch tomorrow. If I’m lucky, we’ll make it to Camelback Flower Shop for their happy hour this afternoon.
I’m itching for a fall clean-out. We’ve accumulated too much stuff over the past 6 months and could use a little decluttering. I don’t think I’ll convince Jim to take it on this weekend, but sometime soon. Anyone else love a good clean-out?!
- Anyone else excited to check out the new iPhone? Pre-orders start tomorrow with sales on September 25th. Mine is 3 years old with terrible battery life (and a cracked screen). I’m most looking forward to an upgraded camera. More on new features here.
- Trader Joe’s has some of the best snacks. Brooke posted this week on her 8 favorite treats from Trader Joe’s. I’d add the dark chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels. My brother and I have been known to finish a bag in 24 hours.
- I always enjoy reading about how successful women balance work and other interests and this interview with Andrea Corson about how she balances her blog and day job was no different.
- I picked up the crewneck slub tee in storm blue from Madewell last week and have already worn it 3 times. It might be my new favorite tee. There are 6 colors on sale for $18!
- I do not like to wash my hair. Actually the washing isn’t so much the problem, it’s the drying and styling that I don’t like. A good dry shampoo can be a lifesaver. I’ve been using Batiste for the past several month and was glad to see it made the list of top 10 dry shampoos.
- I’ve had my eye on the regent blazer from J. Crew. It’s usually excluded from their sales, but is 25% off with promo code LOVEFALL. I’m on the fence as I don’t know that I’d wear it a ton, but it’s a classic piece I’d have forever.
- Restaurant Week starts next Friday, September 18th. Check out the list of participating restaurants and make your reservations now!
- Junk in the Trunk market is next Saturday and Sunday. I’m planning on going for the first time. Some of my favorite small businesses will be there (see the full list of 170+ vendors here).
Have a great weekend y’all!