Instead of rounding up today’s biggest sales because I’m sure you are all over promos, I thought I’d offer 5 tips for enjoying Black Friday and the holiday season.
- Fewer, better gifts: I’m borrowing Cuyana’s philosophy this holiday season and focusing on gifting those I love with fewer, better things. I really do enjoy buying gifts for others and it can be hard to rein it in sometimes. The reality is we don’t need most of the items on our lists and 1-2 investment pieces will mean just as much.
- Shop local: Over the past 2 years, I’ve realized how many amazing people there are right in my backyard creating awesome things. There’s something about buying gifts from within your community that instantly makes it feel more special. If you’re in Phoenix, check out Phoenix Flea tomorrow for some of the best local vendors and of course my favorite boutique, urbAna.
- Shop small: It seems as though every day I discover a new brand on Instagram. Supporting small businesses is just as rewarding as shopping locally. Some of my favorites for kids and mom are gathre (25% off), loyal hana (40% off), kid and kind (up to 30% off), crew and lu, oat mama (20% off), june and january, mulberry press and olive lane
- #OptOutside: Maybe it’s because I’ve never been one to participate in the craziness of Black Friday, but I love the idea of skipping the madness to spend time with the ones you love creating memories together.
- Create a budget: It kinda goes along with fewer, better gifts, but creating a budget and sticking to it (more or less) is key to making the holiday season enjoyable and starting off the new year right. There’s no reason to go into debt or stretch yourself too thin by gifting beyond your means. Take advantage of sales and consider DIY gifts. Whitney created this cute printable holiday gift list to help get you started.
As for me, I’ll probably do a little shopping in my pjs this morning before heading out to enjoy the day with my two favorite people. Have a fabulous weekend!
If you’re in need of holiday gift inspiration, check out my gift guides:
for your girl’s night gals ($50 and under)
for the kids
for the adventurer
for the bookworm & music lover
for the entertainer & chef