I know a goal of Whole30 is to eat real, raw food and eliminate snacks. The reality of my lifestyle is sometimes I need a quick meal or an afternoon snack, especially if I’m working out.
These are not a substitute for raw fruits and vegetables. But when I don’t have time and need something quick, these are the snacks I grab.
Go To Whole30 Snacks
- Banana and Almond Butter // this is my favorite Whole30 snack and the one I reach for the most. I love the RX vanilla almond butter. Maybe a little too much. I could eat it plain! The only downside is Sybil loves it too so I often have to share it with her. You can find RX nut butters at Target, Whole Foods and Vitacost.
- Chomps Turkey Stick // these are not only a great Whole30 snack, they are perfect for traveling too. I’ve tried the beef stick and didn’t like it. The turkey stick doesn’t have that oily flavor that most do. You can find Chomps products at Trader Joes and Walmart.
- RX Bar – I’ll admit the RX bars are a last resort. They taste decent, but constantly get stuck in my teeth. I usually stick to the chocolate sea salt flavor.
- Applesauce // an applesauce packet is a new snack for me this Whole30 round. I don’t know why I didn’t think about it before. We usually have them stocked since Lawson and Sybil also love them. This is my go to pre- workout snack if I need one.
- Cashews // I always make sure to have a bag of raw cashews on hand. They are my favorite nut. I like them better with a handful of Guittard milk chocolate chips, but those are definitely not Whole30.
Those are my quick and easy Whole30 snacks. If you have any suggestions, I’d love to hear them!