I don’t know about you, but my skin has taken a beating with these cooler temps lately. I find I need more moisturizer than normal or I turn into a dry, flaky mess. I thought I’d share a few of my dry weather beauty favorites.
1. Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream is my go-to winter full body moisturizer for daily use. It’s the only lotion that keeps my legs from turning scaly by the end of the day.
2. Shea Butter Hand Cream is a year-round constant in my handbag, especially in the fall and winter months. I love the travel size version that comes in a ton of options. These make great holiday gifts too!
3. Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil is a recent addition to my repertoire. I received it in a beauty box last year, but always thought it wouldn’t work with my oily skin and it sat unused in my stash for the past 10 months. When my skin started to dry out a few weeks ago, I finally decided to give it a try. I only use it at night and so far it’s working great. I haven’t had any breakouts and I absolutely love the way my face looks and feels after I use it!
4. Ahava Mineral Foot Cream is the best foot lotion that I’ve found. It’s super moisturizing, but soaks in fast and doesn’t leave me in danger of slip sliding around. I can honestly tell the difference when I skip it for a few days.
5. Cleopatra’s Choice African Black Soap was given to me as a gift and I’m so glad I was introduced to it! I use it in the shower daily as an all-over soap and also to wash my face. As I mentioned, my skin can be oily and slightly acne prone. I had resorted to using expensive cleansers and monthly facials before giving this soap a try. It’s worked great and is also shown to help with dry skin.
6. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant is saved for super dry lips and cuticles. I’ve also used it to heal cuts and it is seriously a wonder product! A little goes a long way – one tube lasted me for 7 years and I finally had to replace it last year.
What are your dry weather beauty must have items? I’m always looking for new products to try and I’d love to hear from you!