Friday is always reason enough to celebrate. I’m excited to be spending this weekend with my family and seeing my boyfriend after 10 days away! We have plans to visit a winery, cheer on my dad, brother and his girlfriend and my cousin at a triathlon on Sunday and head to the North Shore for a quick trip before heading back home to Arizona on Tuesday.
- After taking an Alt Summit online class last week on fonts and colors, I’m fascinated with the history of fonts and typography. While I probably wouldn’t have thought twice about this article on a new font being designed by Google, now I’m hooked.
- If you haven’t already seen it, watch this video of Kacy Catanzaro qualifying for American Ninja Warrior. She packs a lot of power and strength into a little body.
- Marissa Webb was announced as the new creative director for Banana Republic last April (she was previously at J. Crew). The first sneak peak of her influence on the brand has me excited to see more!
- I loved this look on Jenna earlier this week. Even better is her smiling face – she radiates happiness.
- I have a slight obsession with paper products. Note cards, notebooks and other stationary; I don’t discriminate. These cards from Design Darling would be perfect to send to my favorite girlfriends.
- The first official trailer for Unbroken is out. I read the book a couple of years ago and it’s still one of my favorites. The history lesson alone was worth the price; it should be required reading for every American. Ever since I heard Angelina Jolie was directing the film, I’ve been excited to see how the book would be adapted. Such an inspiring story.
- The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is still going strong (check out my picks here). They also have amazing deals on staples that you hate paying more for (bras, I’m talking about you). Courtney put together a list of the top bras on sale. I trust her, she’s an expert. Looks like I’ll be placing another order!
Thank you for reading. Have a great weekend friends!
In case you missed it: