Happy first Friday of October! I plan on spending time outside and making some home cooked meals. Any recommendations for quick and easy recipes? I’ll also be helping my friend Heather clean out her closet and brainstorming ideas to refresh it a bit. I love a good purge. My family would probably say I can be quite firm about what should stay and go, but I promised Heather I’d be reasonable. I can’t wait to help her with her project!
Some links for your weekend reading…
- If you blog, or are thinking about starting a blog, the b bar is a great resource for everything from the basics to more complicated topics like SEO. They just lowered their prices and each e-book is $5, $10 or $15. I have two and highly recommend them.
- Bloomingdale’s is having their friends and family event this weekend. Most items are 20% off. Even better, Nordstrom will match their prices for the same products.
- I picked up this sweater in indigo at J. Crew yesterday. I also love it in electric red. It’s on sale for $80 and another 40% off in store (30% online).
- Recent research (by Jim’s sister!) has shown that setting mini-goals during a workout can make it seem easier. It seems to only apply to outdoor activities so your treadmill workout will still seem like a chore.
- Clif Bar was chosen as one of the best workplaces. Offering employees an annual athletic competition stipend is a great perk. I bet you could put together some great Ragnar teams.
- I’m not afraid to admit I am a huge fan of Lauren Conrad way back to her Laguna Beach days. Naturally I was interested to see her home tour on InStyle. While I gravitate towards more neutrals, I appreciate her style. And I’d take her closet any day!
- A blazer is an essential piece in every woman’s wardrobe. This black blazer from Old Navy looks more expensive than it is!
Have a wonderful weekend. If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert, check out my Cookies and Adult Chocolate Milk post from earlier this week. Thanks for your support of Luv in the Bubble!
Happy weekend, Erica! I like the article about setting goals for workouts – something I certainly need to work on. Great roundup!