While the last list of random things making me happy was focused more on products, this list clearly speaks to my life right now: food and drinks and at home entertainment. Oh, and something for the kids to do so I can sit by myself for 30 minutes. I’ve probably mentioned each of these individually, but wanted a place to put them together and share.
5 Random Things
- Harney & Sons Iced Tea: Before we began to stay at home, my daily iced tea purchase was getting a bit out of control. I’m not a coffee drinker, but am team iced tea all the way. Yes, even in winter. I used to get iced tea leaves from my friend Emily (her family members owned a shop), but they closed and I never found a good replacement to make at home. Enter Harney & Sons. I ordered two options: the Organic Green Tea with Coconut and Peach Fresh Brew Iced Tea. They are both fantastic. I make 1-2 pouches a week and have already placed another order.
- Rad & Happy Color Sheets: I can’t remember how I came across these color sheets, but after searching for free printable without finding something I liked, I bought the easter set. I don’t know why, but Lawson and Sybil love these sheets. They spend more time coloring them than any other sheets I’ve tried. I liked them so much I subscribed to the monthly color happy sheets.
- The Defined Dish: I keep reaching for this cookbook whenever I make up our shopping list or even if I have an item in the fridge/freezer and don’t know what to make with it. I love it so much that I’m giving away a copy for fun! You can enter on this Instagram post. Our favorite recipe so far is the chicken parmesan. I highly recommend it.
- Silipat Mat (also sold here): I use this mat at least 5x a week for everything from sheet pan dinners to underneath silicone muffin cups. I use less parchment paper and clean up is easier.
- Peanut Butter Balls: We make these at least once a week and frequently 2x. They are the perfect after lunch treat. I’ve set a limit of two at a time. Otherwise I can get out of hand. The recipe is below if you’re interested. I recommend doubling it or you’ll be very sad when you eat the last one too soon.
Peanut Butter Balls
1 cup oats
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use Guittard extra dark chocolate baking chips)
1 tsp vanilla (sometimes I put it in, sometimes I don’t)
Mix all together. Put in refrigerator for 10-30 minutes (they will be easier to roll) and then roll into balls.
Book – Open Book by Jessica Simpson: I know I’ve been posting everywhere about this book, but it’s truly a great book for this period of life. She’s funny and honest. I don’t even know exactly how to describe why I’m so drawn to it, but I am.
TV – The West Wing: Jim and I started watching (or rewatching in my case) The West Wing a couple of weeks ago. It was filmed almost 20 years ago and it’s sometimes shocking how the issues they discussed are the same as they are today. Plus, it’s so refreshing to have a smart president that knows what he is doing.