After holding out for years, we got a Costco membership a few months ago. It’s easy to get overwhelmed and throw everything into the cart. Through trial and error (and lots of looking at ingredient labels), I have a list of staples that I start with on every trip.
I try to follow a Whole30 lifestyle 80% off the time (no added sugar, minimal grains, no dairy). Below are the (mostly) healthier items I consistently pick up during my every other month trip to Costco. Unless I indicated a specific brand, I buy Costco’s in house brand, Kirkland.
Costco Shopping List
- Coconut milk (used in a lot of Whole30 recipes in replacement of milk)
- That’s It fruit snacks (just two fruit ingredients)
- Kerrygold butter (the best tasting butter)
- Black Forest gummy bears (Lawson’s after school snack)
- Fruit, primarily organic berries and grapes (although I’ve found these don’t last as long as fruit from Whole Foods)
- Bacon (fyi, this does have added sugar)
- Organic ground beef
- Frozen wild caught sockeye salmon
- Frozen blueberries (add to smoothies and oatmeal)
- Frozen broccoli
- Canned black beans
- Peanut butter (no added sugar)
- Rao’s marinara (my favorite marinara, less expensive at Costco than Target, Whole Foods, etc.)
- Tomato paste
- Organic eggs
- 100% Maple syrup
- String cheese
- Wild Planet tuna
Also, a friend told me she always buys a rotisserie chicken at Costco for an easy, weeknight meal. I follow her advice more times than not.
What am I missing? What are your favorite Costco items?