Rather than set resolutions each year, I set a small list of intentions for myself. I carry the list with me as a reminder of the areas I intend to improve during the year. In the past, I’ve been grander in my intentions with a list of ten. This year I decided to focus on 5 that align with health, fitness and fun. I’ll report back throughout the year on my progress so hold me accountable!
- Eat breakfast: When training for the marathon, I really got into the habit of eating breakfast each day and I’d like to continue this into 2014. They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I want to start off my day on a healthy note.
- Grow blog: I have lots of ideas for growing Luv in the Bubble, including setting specific goals for number of readers, taking a class on Photoshop Elements and partnering with another blogger for a guest post series. I also want to learn more from others in the industry and need to go outside my comfort zone to reach out to others.
- Improve posture: This intention is a carryover year after year. Maybe by limiting my intentions to the top 5, I’ll finally be successful. I find as I get older, posture becomes even more important and it also improves my confidence.
- Be active: I’m starting off the year running a marathon in January and I intend to continue to be active throughout the year. I’d like to camp, hike and bike more and sign up for at least 2 events (maybe a destination Ragnar or century bike ride).
- Choose happiness: Although it doesn’t always feel like a choice, I aim to wake up every morning in a good mood and do my very best to stay that way. I like to think I’m a pretty positive person, but there are moments when it can feel like everything in life is going against me. And in those moments, I will choose to be happy and enjoy this life that I am living…both the highest of highs and the lowest of lows.
Do you set resolutions or intentions for the year? If so, I’d love to hear what has you motivated in the new year!