all images via pinterest (dressed up): 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 ; (dressed down): 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
One of the best parts about transitioning into fall and winter is putting away my sandals and pulling out my ankle booties. Ankle booties are comfortable and versatile, perfect for wearing all day working or running errands. You can also dress them up for date night or a night out with your friends.
If you’re not used to them, they can be a little tricky to style at first. Here are my top 5 tips for wearing ankle booties.
- When wearing with skinny jeans, it’s best to show a little ankle or make sure your jeans are the perfect length so they don’t bunch at the bottom.
- If your jeans are a little long, cuff them to show a bit of skin.
- Don’t be afraid to pair them with your white jeans, especially in the fall months. It’s an easy transition to colder weather.
- To wear with a skirt or dress, add tights in the same color as your booties.
- If you’re going to go bare legs, the dress/skirt should be shorter, ideally several inches above the knees. Otherwise those of us with short legs will look even shorter.
If you’re looking for ankle booties, see my list of the best black pairs here. To see more ways to wear ankle booties and more, follow me on Pinterest!
Thanks for the great info and post on ankle booties! You may see mine very shortly :)